Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The specific path for the output file doesn't exist - GP 10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatPlainsUser

Technical User
Jul 25, 2012
US
When posting Cash receipts, bank deposits the system is defaulted to go to some file folder somewhere which no longer exist according to the above error message. How do I change this default? This is occurring only in one of the companies we have set up by someone that no longer works here.

I do know when running certain reports in the report section you can choose destination and put the report on your desktop, this is not what I am talking about.

The Cash receipts report automatically does this and I wanted to find out how to change this path.

Thanks.

Sounds like this is defaulted on the Posting Setup, which is company specific. (Tools | Setup | Posting | Posting | Series - Sales | Origin - Receivables Cash Receipts). Please be VERY CAREFUL when making changes on this window if you are not familiar with it, this controls all of the transaction posting behavior for the company and there is no undo or cancel option.

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2012
Use Crystal Reports and SSRS with GP:
blog:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back