Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The Seagate software Activex Viewer is unable to create it's resource 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hulk68

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2007
US
I have read thread784-418857, which is basically this:

I created a crystal report using crystal report 8 put it on the web and there is only one computer is getting this error when trying to access the report from the web and below is the error.."The Seagate software Activex Viewer is unable to create it's resource objects. To rectify this problem, please install Internet Explorer 4.0 or Install DCOM for Window 95 and the latest Microsoft scripting engine.

the solution link doesnt work and i really need the fix.
My user is a little newer than the original post.

He is on windows XP Pro, SP3, IE 8.0...your help is appreciated. Thanks.

Do you have other users on IE 8.0? I haven't worked with it yet but that may be where the issue is. There has been a lot of security stuff wrapped around ActiveX controls in the newer versions of IE.

Try having the user add the site where your report is located to the Trusted Sites in IE.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

thanks for the help.
you are right, it is a security issue.

i had to lower his intranet zone to medium from medium high, and now it works just fine.

thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back