Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The same query brings different rezult when run from SQL Server and Ac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katya85S

Programmer
Jul 19, 2004
An Access database I’m working with uses linked SQL Server tables. To run SQL Server data in Access database i execute SQL Pass Through Query. But when i execute the same query on SQL Server's Query Analyzer i get more rows then when executing data from Access application.
What do you think happens? Where should I look for the problem and how can I fix it?
Thank you all in advance.

There is a setting on the SQL server for how long it waits before it times out. You can test this by running a short query that produces a small amount of results from Access. If you get the same results in SQL as well then expand the query to grab more records or make the query more complex so it takes longer. If the results then differ, you may need to adjust your query to perform faster or adjust the TIME OUT of the SQL server.

YOu are right. It is about the time. Any advice on how to adjust the time out of the SQL Server?

While I may not necessarily choose to arbitrarily increase the SQL Server timeout length, here is a post that may help: thread183-22103.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am not young enough to know everything."
Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back