Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The request could not be submitted for background processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mid181

Programmer
Aug 8, 2003
US
Hi,

We have recently moved to CE10. When i try to schedule a report in CE, it throws up this error.

Error Message: The request could not be submitted for background processing. File :\CETemp\procSched\PAWAS347.reportjobserver\~tmp17643abeda01cc0.rpt.

Has anyone encountered this before... what could be the possible reasons for this and the solution for the it.

Thanks
mid181

I receive the same error when running a scheduled report and it fails. I have looked at KBc2016640, but that key has a "No" value and does not apply. My report will succeed if I set the parameters for 3 months. When I set it to 5 months, then it fails. As I observe the temp file in the reportjobserver folder, it will increase in size and disappear when it reaches abou 450MB. Then the JobServerChild process appears in the Task Manager and grows to 1GB (I presume because the temp file is gone and the data has no where to go). Then the report will fail. Even after I close out of CE, the jobserverchild will continue to increase in memory usage and eventually hog the resources and crash the server.

Have you noticed if your situation is similar? I don't know why the temp file disappears because it should be able to grow to 2GB and I have 30GB hard disk space on that partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back