Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The request could not be submitted for background processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftab45

Technical User
Mar 2, 2006
GB
Good afternoon,

I am experiencing an error message in crystal enterprise 9 on certain reports only. These reports work fine in crystal reports designer but once uploaded I get the following error message:

"The request could not be submitted for background processing. File C:\Program Files\Crystal Decisions\Enterprise 9\Data\procSched\CORWWPKSAPP03.report\~tmp4ec5aadd36f560.rpt. "

The report isn't doing anything complex e.g. no sub-reports etc. It is reporting against a remedy sql server database.

I have tried to rebuild the report bit by bit, and this worked until I added a second crosstab, and then in failed with the same error message. I have checked the report job server folder and observed the activity here whilst the report was running in CE. I have found that if the report exceeds 60k, the error message appears. Anything less than this and it is OK.

There is around 500Mb of free space on the c drive.

Please could anyone help with this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Aftab.

Crystal does a LOT of swapping to disk when it is processing the data for a report. 500Mb may not be enough for some reports, depending on the amount of data.

Crystal is also not very good about clearing out its temp files. Go to the root of the C drive and do a search for ~*.rpt and delete all of the files that you find - if you are doing this while your CE system is live and users are working, you'll want to delete files dated earlier than today only. Take note of which folder(s) the files are in - in the future you can go directly to the folder(s) to delete files instead of doing a search. This is something you'll want to do on a regular basis. This may free up enough space for your reports to run.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back