Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The recordset is not updateable but works in places???

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksnow

Programmer
Oct 30, 2002
AU
Hi all

I have had a look at past posts on the above issues but have not been able to resolve my issue. I have a form which displays information on sales orders (frmSOBook) and works fine.

I have another form (frmListSo) which brings up a list of sales orders which you can then click on to and get all the details for the sales order. (This opens the frmSOBook form to the correct record.)

The code I am using behind a button to open the SO Book is:

'Opens up the whole SO to view.
Dim stDocName As String
Dim stLinkCriteria As String

stDocName = "frmSoBook"

stLinkCriteria = "[So]=" & "'" & Me![SO] & "'"
DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria

[SO] is the primary key in my table with the SO details.

The frmSOBook form opens fine and to the right record but it won't let you change any details.

In another part of my program I have the same code except the user inserts the SO number in manually (instead of selecting from a list) and this works fine.

I don't understand what would cause the problem??? Any suggestions???

The first thing to check, I think, is whether the Allow Edits property of the frmSOBook form is set to Yes (o that it can be edited).

The Missinglinq

"It's got to be the going,
not the getting there that's good!"
-Harry Chapin

FYI - forgot to update this post.

I have solved this problem by creating the frmlistso form again. Did everything the same but this time it works perfectly... access bug??

John Walton apparently could see into the future, because he had to be thinking of Access when he said "Life's a mystery!"

"It's got to be the going,
not the getting there that's good!"
-Harry Chapin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back