Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The "Create an Exchange mailbox" checkbox does not appear 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdurant

MIS
Oct 23, 2003
BB
Greetings,
I am a newbie to Exchange Server 2003, however just installed it on a Windows 2003 server, which is a DC. I think I have followed all the steps as closely as I could for deploying Exchange 2003, but when I tried to create a new user with their accompanying mailbox, the "Create an Exchange mailbox" checkbox that appears on the "New Object - User" creation screen does not appear.

I also ran /forestPrep and /domainPrep on the PDC, as advised.
Also have DNS and Wins installed on another W2k3 server, which is the PDC as well. IIS, SMTP, NNTP, etc... all the prerequsites I installed before installing Exchange.

What could i have done wrong or what step(s) did i miss?

Thanks for your assistance...
Ryan

OK, first off you need to understand that there is no PDC anymore. There is a PDC emulator role and only one server in your domain will hold that role.

Are you running the create user from the Exchange server? If not then you need to install the Exchange tools on your other DCs.

Try launching Setup.hta from the root of the Exchange CD. Then click Exchange Deployment Tools and the bottom choice should be to just install the management tools.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back