Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The protected cube under Enterprise Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
How configurate PowerPlay Enterprise Server to provide protected cube on Web. I have a problem. I fill in login and password fields on web page but protected cube in not available. Please, help me.

To provide protected cube on Web I carry out the following actions:
1. Create authentication file that includes all users (Basic Signon) and user's classes. (Cognos Authenticator)
2. Add an authentication file in the Authenticator Runtime Configurations list (for example Conn_Test).
3. Within Transformer, include user classes in the model, and associate user classes with the PowerCube. Create user class views for the members of each user class. Create cube.
4. Within PowerPlay Enterprise Server Administrator, add cube. Set up cube properties (Authentication Web): show the User ID, Password. And fill in Authenticator configuration name (Conn_Test).
5. Within PowerPlay client connect to remote cube (fill in User ID and password) - OK!
6. Within Internet Explorer client connect to remote cube (fill in User ID and password) - access denied.

Please, tell me what is wrong.

1. Create authentication file that includes all users (Basic Signon) and user's classes. (Cognos Authenticator)
2. Add an authentication file in the Authenticator Runtime Configurations list (for example Conn_Test).
3. Within Transformer, include user classes in the model, and associate user classes with the PowerCube. Create user class views for the members of each user class. Create cube.
4. Within PowerPlay Enterprise Server Administrator, add cube. Set up cube properties (Authentication Web): show the User ID, Password. And fill in Authenticator configuration name (Conn_Test).
5. Within PowerPlay client connect to remote cube (fill in User ID and password) - OK!
6. Within Internet Explorer client connect to remote cube (fill in User ID and password) - access denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back