Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The proper way to upgrade exp mods from R3.2_65 to R9

Status
Not open for further replies.

broody81

Vendor
Jan 18, 2006
US
Hope everyone had a great holiday. I have a site going from a 406V2 R3.2 to 500V2 R9 but will be re-using their DS30V1, DS16V1,Phone 8.

I spoke to a few different support people at our distributor and another fellow BP and am sensing that everyone is not in agreement on how to do this.

Here's my plan:

1. Upload the config into the 500V2 without any exp mods connected. I recall in the past a prompt about confirming pushing or converting a 406 config to 500. I think I just OK'd that and pushed it up.

2. Powering down, connecting all exp mods in the same order and then powering them up for 30 seconds and then powering up the 500V2.

3. At this point, I am concerned that they will auto upgrade off the SD card and jump to 9 without any interim upgrades that they may need like a x.999 upgrade. I have done this in the past, and they have worked, however, I had the caveat that after they were u pgraded to R9, when doing any programming changes required an immediate reboot the extensions connected to the DS30V1 didn't produce DTMF. I could fix the issue by power cycling, but that's a pain to have to do after an immediate each time. Do you guys think that this was the result of an auto upgrade off of the SD card in those cases? This has happened to me on a few sites.

So, my question is, how would you guys do this upgrade from 3.2_65 to 9 step by step if you were in my shoes?

Thanks

I would first upgrade the modules to 3.2.999
Then I would put the config on the SD card and contract the modules. And then boot the IPO.
The modules will be upgraded by the IPO automatically.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

The modules need to go to 8 before they can go to 9. So take them to 3.2.99, then to 8.0. through the 406V2 control unit (even though you wont be upgrading the 406, you can upgrade the modules). Then put in the 500V2 and connect the now 8.0 modules to it so that they will auto upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back