Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The Programs Keep Closing On ME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staceygracey03

Technical User
Jul 18, 2002
US
I've just installed windows 2000 on my computer (i had 98 before)I cant keep powerpoint/excel/access/publisher open. I CAN open the program but after like 2seconds it automatically closes itself. I've already re-installed office/ uninstalled/ and reinstalled it again but am still having the same problem. Have any ideas how to fix it.

Did you install 2000 on top of Win 98 before formatting or did you format the hard drive and then install it? Also, please give processor speed, amount of RAM, type of video card, amount of wattage for power supply and whether your RAM is generic or name-brand.

I just installed win2000 on top of win98. I'm not that technical with computer stuff but I have a Hewlett Packard Pavilion.

This problem you are describing may be related to a copyright/copy protection problem with Office 2000. I ran into this same exact issue, except I installed a service pack for Office 2000, and then it started closing the programs 2 seconds later.

Check out this article on Microsoft's website:

You may need to copy and paste that. Anyway, what it boils down to is, if your Office 2000 CD Product Key begins with GC6J3, then you have a pirated invalid copy of Office 2000. If you do have a valid copy of Office 2000 that does not begin with GC6J3, then that link will tell you exactly what you need to do to fix Office 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back