Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The procedure entry point SetFileSecurit I could not be located in the

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenniferlynn

Technical User
Feb 28, 2003
GB
Hi,
I support a peice of software written in visual basic, on opening the application it displays the message "The procedure entry point SetFileSecurit I could not be located in the dynamic link library, MS DART.DLL"

I tried runnig the CD through again which hs a repair function but this did not work, I installed jet 4.0sp8 and tried to install mdac 2.8 but it kept crashing on attempting to install mdac. I email him an mdac and jet repair kit and ran the mdac fix which reregisters all the mdac dll files.
This did not fix the problem so I checked his version of msdart and it was different to mine. I emailed mine over and he replaced his in windows system 32 but then when searching for the file it kept reverting to the previous version he had had alredy had. Even after rebooting it kept reverting to the original version.
The user is on XP sp1. Any suggestions on this error?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back