Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The problem is, we have put another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phrisbee

MIS
Jan 15, 2002
NL
The problem is, we have put another IP address to the server(Windows2000, metaframe XP), to manage it from a distance.
After a reboot, the Ica-clients from citrix couldn't connect anymore.
We noticed that when we looked at the configuration from Metaframe XP that there were 2 ip adresses.
So what could be the problem ?, we think that the clients connect to the server, there they are getting information with the wrong ip adres, so when they connect again to get information from the network, the router refuses the connection.
Now here's my new question, how can i let my clients connect to my server, and give them the correct ip adres ?

If you can supply a little more detail on this issue it might be easier to trouble shoot but here are some guesses.

I am taking a guess that these users are connecting remotely. If so have you changed the alternate address as well. If you are using NAT did you change the config in the router. Can you ping the new ip address.

Good luck,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back