Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The ODBC, design changes, and Recurring Schedules 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2002
US
I'm using Crystal Reports Professional XI publishing to BO Edge Enterprise. My DBA has created an ODBC for non-I.T. business analyst types like myself, so he can allow permissions on stored procedures. The username and password are set up so that they are not the same as the log-in to the database itself (bear with me).

If I change the design of a report in CR design, with this ODBC, and Save it (on Enterprise), AND there is a (Recurring)schedule for that report, then I have to Reschedule the report, else the report runs without the changes just made in design(i.e, the prior version).
This means that if you forget to Reschedule or don't notice the schedules, folks complain the data is wrong-obviously it is! Is there a work-around for this? Its most time consuming. Some reports have multiple schedules!
Also, when I worked in I.T. and had admin priviledges, and saved reports with an ODBC with full permissions, this was not the case. Thanks in advance for help.

Unfortunately, there is no work around for this. When a report is scheduled, a copy of the report is created as it exists at the time of the schedule. The schedule then runs off of this copy of the report, which is why updates to the main template don't flow down into the schedules. As far as I know, this is the way BO has worked since it was rewritten on the Crystal Enterprise code-base (2004-2005 timeframe).

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back