Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The Message Waiting Indicator is active but there is no new message

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohdhy

Vendor
Mar 14, 2007
JO
hello guys,

i have an Option mini PBX with a callpilot mini as voice mail system, The Message Waiting Indicator on some phones is active but there is no new message .

any ideas !

are they set up to light up because someone else has a message?

Mato' Was'aka

no, each phone has its own mailbox .

Is it just analog phones or is this occurring on digital phones too?

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

I am experiencing multiple sets, "2008 and 2616" with the MWI lights lit up yet with no voicemail. It comes and goes. I have 2500 sets with the audible MWI activated as well.

TRAC TN may show it lit or not. Sometimes shows it not lit, but light is on.

I have one set specifically that I set CLS=MWD, no message key and no voicemail box for this DN, and no XMWK from any other set pointed to this DN. It should never light up, yet it does sometimes, as well as quite a few more scattered on different TN's with no obvious commonality.

Main PBX is OPT61 with 2 OPT11's and 1 CS1000E at remote campuses connected with tie trunks, and all using the callpilot server on the OPT61. The problem is on all of the PBX's.

OPT51 is 25.40 and scheduled for upgrade.
Call Pilot is 4.0 and scheduled for upgrade.

Do you think it may be a callpilot capacity issue? Release issue? Overloaded capacity and lighting lamps well after the messages are read?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Are these systems connected via tie lines of some sort? I once had a similar problem and turn out to be a old vmail box at one of the other sites. We had a centralized vmail and the old mbox was lighting the light.

Ya, I'm guessing the MerMail system is still running too.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

My OPT61 HAD Mermail. The Mermail server is still installed but not supposed to be running.

My problem of MWI randomly popping up is new. Mermail was mothballed several years ago and replaced by Callpilot.

These systems are all connected by tie lines. The OPT61 is the main system, and the CP server is in the OPT61.

I'm 2 months from upgrade to latest PBX and CP release. I've been telling users to wait and see if the upgrade fixes this problem. I've posted here in case there is a good fix.

Thanks

There might be a good fix, and it might be to shut down MerMail :)

Since you're calling it a Mermail server, that is our clue you might not know it's true disposition?

On the switch the Meridian Mail is connected to, go to LD 48 and STAT AML. The AML needs to be disabled or it will create havoc. I agree with GHTROUT. Turn the mail off.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back