Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

the management of the Citrix MetaFrame licenses to one locaton

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Feb 16, 2007
US
I would like to know how can I relocate my licenses from citrix1 and citrix 2 to one location (third server); will I need to install license server again or I can just move the license files over to another server?

You will need to install a Citrix License server and go to "My Citrix" to retrieve your current licenses.

Once you've done that, you can download a new Citrix license file (with the name of the new Citrix license server) and place it in the new license server.

Also...make sure you specify the new Citrix license server for your farm...right click on the top level of your CMC and specify the new license server.

Hope that helps.

Just to clarify, I can go ahead install the licensing server on any server and have the port 27000 enable, then download the license file with the new name on it and put it in the myfile dir. Will I be able to combine all the license file in to one and have the servers check that single file. I think I can do that but just want to confirm.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back