Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The longest open case in Nortel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisay59

Technical User
Jan 20, 2005
GB
This is the response I got from Nortel when I asked for an update to a Business Critical Case I opened 8 weeks ago.

MPLR29758 causing HIGH Call Reg Usage'.

This problem is over 19 years old.
It was first reported in BV12822:BUGS4001,AUD033, AUD335 PRINT CONTINUOUSLY 11-Mar-1991
Most of the causes were found but some elusive cases could not be tracked and remained.

And I thought I took an age to solve a problem!!!!

Maybe 19 minutes, or 19 hours, but 19 years. I had a ticket open in Remedy for 6 months, but only because they were updating the server when I was closing it. 19 years!? Shoot that tech...

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

What happens if you remove your MPLR29758 patch??

I can confirm that Chris's statement is true as I've been working with him from time to time on this never ending project!.

You should have seen the rest of that message on steps to try and fix it!. It's a gem!.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

I had a case open for 18months. we had a workaround so users did not know but required daily check of messages and trunks as tie trunks would go into lockout if supervised call from console across tie lines would go back to voice mail.

Without the workaround, all parties were dropped.

Finally they created a new patch and we were preparing for a new upgrade

that may have been one of my tickets.. seems like over the years i've been on hold at least that long

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Wow. I should be happy my latest case only took 3 months to resolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back