Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The LG GSA-4040B DVD Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffPr

Technical User
Sep 3, 2003
CA
I just bought this new DVD burner and I installed it with no problems. I read a CD from it and copied the contents to my hard drive, so I know that its working. I'm having problems using a DVD-RW however. The burner supports both +/- DVDs as well as DVD-RAM so I haven't made that mistake.
There was software that came with the burner and I want to copy a bunch of files to the DVD, basically I want to use like you would use a CD to store data, except the DVD can hold 4.7 Gb instead of 700 Mb.

I formated the DVD which takes an hour and then when I go to my computer and click on the DVD drive and it just says "please insert a disk into G: drive", even though there is already a disk in it. I don't know why its not recognizing the disk? I have this software called B-clips and I want to know how to use it to copy files to the DVD and not a movie or pictures. Can somebody help me out?

Do you think your friend could feed my cat? Heisenberg wasn't sure. ~ Erwin Schrodinger talking of his revolutionary paradox

Hi JeffPR,

I had almost the same problem but using a +RW disk. I used the bundled software to enable Direct CD which means you can drag an drop files to the DVD. I used Easy CD Creator to copy files to the DVD whicj worked. I then used the Direct CD option for format an then try to drag an drop from windows explorer.. This was where I got the problem. It said it formated ok but when I tried to burn the fies to the DVD it said that there was no space or no DVD in drive. I tried to format it again an it said the same.. no DVD in drive.. The only way I was able to re-use the DVD was to format it again using a MAC an Toast. Not a great soultion, but it worked..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back