Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The IWR service will not start automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

ornel

Technical User
Apr 2, 2003
HU
Hi,
The IWR Service Manager service will not start automatically.

I created an default installation (Imp Admin, PP Transf, IWR, PPES), and I created an default configuraton with Configuration Manager(except Services/ Acces Manager - Runtime / Directory Server settings),
when I clicked "Apply Selection" the process runs succesfully and all of the services started.

But atfer Windows reboot, the IWR Service Manager service will not start automatically!
I could started the service if I log on to Windows. (I could started the service from Control Panel / Servies and Configuration Manager also)

The ObjectStore 6.0 services and the Cognos services starting as a Local System Account.

In the Windows's event viewer I can see the following:
"The Cognos IWR Service Manager (cer2) service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. "

any idea?

thx
ornel

Try changing the setting for 'Log on as:' to a local user account (with the appropriate password) for both the 'Cognos Communication Service' and the 'Cognos IWR Service Manager'. Manually start the services and then reboot the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back