Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The inetinfo.exe process is allocating more memory than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdservices

IS-IT--Management
Mar 10, 2005
FR
I know that this has been asked elsewhere, but I do not really understand what the answers mean, or, more accurately, what the question is. This message appears every day on our file server:

The inetinfo.exe process is allocating more memory than usual. The following services are hosted by this process: IISAdmin, POP3SVC, RESVC, and SMTPSVC.

For more detail, review the event logs for events related to these services. It may help to stop and then restart these services.

You can disable this alert or change its threshold by using the Change Alert Notifications task in the Server Management Monitoring and Reporting taskpad.

I wonder what the usual amount of memory for inetinfo.exe is? There seems to be no problem on the file server other than this error message, but is it right just to stop the message appearing, surely it indicates a fault which needs to be fixed? (I have rebooted the server and the message still appears)

Thanks for any help

Andrew

Some help here would be appreciated.

Andrew

I found a reference here that might provide some help. If everything else is running fine, you could consider increasing the RAM or just the threshold of the alert, although I've found that when I get SBS alerts they usually mean something.

Did you try stopping and starting the services like the warning states? Look in your Server Performance Report and post the amount of RAM being used by the processes as well as the amount of RAM you have installed.

Tony

Users helping Users...

Thanks, that has given me a lot of help.

All the best

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back