Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The host is unmamaged in CX 300

Status
Not open for further replies.

DellEMCClariion

IS-IT--Management
Aug 3, 2009
SA
thread511-934465

Hi All,

With reference to the above thread, I am facing the same problem in my EMC CX300, under Faults of Host it gives the error "Unable to contact. the host is unmanaged because the host agent was down during the CIMOM startup".

Let me give you a breif details of my setup:

The two hosts Windows 2003 Server (ent) was in cluster before now there is no cluster between them. The LUNS configuration didnt changed using previous clustered shared LUNS between the servers. Now both the LUNS are accessible by both servers. When we try to install Oracle database on any of the server and use the path M:\ drive (storage) it gives error while installation and stops the some where in the middle. After trying a lot we succeeded to install on M:\ drive but now when we open any files in M:\ it gives Error "File or Directory is corrupted or unreadable". For this error I checked the storage and found the above error that hosts are unmamageable.

Considering the above situation, please guide me how to proceed to solve this issue. FYI, the heart beat between the server is no more now i.e there is single NIC on each server and Storage is pingable by the servers.
Please help.

Thank You,

Baseer,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back