Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"the handle is invalid"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWISSTONY

MIS
Apr 21, 1999
GB
I am trying to run an EXE file from a CD Rom in my Dell Latitude CP , whenever I click on an EXE file I receive the message 'the handle is invalid'. I have tried different CD's with the same result.This problem only relates to EXE files though, any readme's or other kind of files open with no problems. Can anyone shed any light on this most frustrating of problems ?

The fault could be with the driver of your CD Rom. Try to look for a newer driver. Is it not a driver for Dos that you are using in Windows?

Alternatively; you could always do Bill's fav. thing.............just blow it away!!! (then re-install an OS) <p>-Robherc<br><a href=mailto:robherc@netzero.net>robherc@netzero.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>*nix installation & program collector/reseller. Contact me if you think you've got one that I don't :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back