Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The Future of PC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentSmith

Technical User
Oct 8, 2000
US
OK I just read a forum here talking about cd-rw's vs. cd-r's. It made some mention of DVD drives. What is do you think is going to replace them! I've heard of some new disks that can easily store 90Gbs to a CD sized disk! It's some amazing stuff! Will they make hard drives that incorporate this technology?

What about Windows! I've heard rumors about a 3D windows! And the new Pentium 4's. While they still have allot of problems. It incorporates 64bit architecture for the first time! Which should really speed up everything!

What do you think is going to happen?

FMV will definitly replace DVDs
FMV = Floresant Multilayer Volumes

you can hold upto 40 Gigs on a media that can still be read via "Red Laser" but to increase the multilayer technology evently we will need to move onto green laser, then blue laser, most of today's drives can be modified for the green laser technology, but such is very expensive to modify.
Karl
kb244@kb244.com
Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back