Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

THe full story: Win2kPro will not start in Safemode because of Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vangola

Technical User
Feb 8, 2005
US
So if Mr Fair is reading this the story began Ran 2kpro in 256colours for a very old emulator, Asteroids. Closed down computer with changing settings and it openen next-time in default VGA mode. Anyway tried to make it see my Plug and Play Sony Trinitron and it would not. Checked Bios, Services for Plug and Play bit and pieces and it all looked good. I went back to adapter and in the General Tab changed the DPI to 100 thinking it might trigger some form of recognition ( I know, contains little of no logic) Anyway restarted and through POST counts rams, W2K progress bar works its way across the screen and 2k just starts not as far as password but just and it drops as if someone had cut the power and reboots.
Tried Enable VGA mode, Last known good configuration etc. Am I scrXXXd?

Vangola (yer man from Dublin)

PS And thats it.
PPS Cheers to the Fair one for the heads up on t'other. The manual was quite interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back