Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The following line had no incoming call route 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolinrome

MIS
Apr 20, 2007
In the SSA, on one of our trunks we have the error message "The following line had no incoming call route". The DDI number though is an extension that isnt part of our assigned DID's from our carrier and I cant find it anywhere in the IP Office, yet this error appears from this number many times. If someone is trying to call this extension but it's not part of our assigned DIDs then how is it reaching our system? Thanks.

Add it to your incoming callroute and see what happens.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Just did that and had it going to my extension as a destination (not sure if that would work). But when I call that DID extension with the prefix's weve been assigned one goes to an external company and the other two are "Disconnected or no longer in service".
So fo rexample if the prefix's weve been assigned are 111, 222, 333 and the DDI that keeps showing up in the SSA error incoming call route is 0000, thisis what I did:

111-0000 - goes to outside company
222-0000 - Disconnected or no longer in service.
333-0000 - Disconnected or no longer in service.

So I dont understand how this 0000 extension is being routed to us at all. Any ideas?

the ipo does not know anything about outside numbers and you can't assign prefixes to a number just because you feel like it. You either have the numbers assigned to you or not and the exchange part of a number is assigned by the line provider.
or did I get your explanation wrong?

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

I assigned the prefixes to the DDI that we have been assigned by our provider. Our company uses 3 different prefixes and I see a DDI extension that has not been assigned to us by our provider so I figured to take that DDI extension and assign it to the prefixes and call it from my mobile just to see if it would ring my extension. I have no other way to find out how this DDI extension is being assigned to us looking for a call route, our provider says to call our Avaya technician and he says that there is no way to find out. So how and where is this DDI coming from? I cant figure it out.
It seems to me it has to be from the provider but they say not, but I definitely think so.

When it is an SSA error then it could be a fake error :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

monitor will tell you, trace ISDN with all options in teh tab enabled and call the number then you will see if there is an incoming call and what the CO sends you

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

I have seen this error in R7 and R8 systems before, not often but I have seen it, it's just SSA giving bollocks alarms as usual :)

How can I setup logging in monitor to log the specified activity a log file? It logs on the screen live, but I want to capture over a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back