Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The FE(front end)database file's memory keeps increasing!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgupta76

Programmer
Nov 26, 2003
US
I have an order management database that is split into FE and BE. I have copied the FE onto every user's PC. Each time the user works on the FE and closes it after some work on forms/reports...., the size of the FE keeps increasing. I am not making any design changes to the FE so not sure why the size keeps increasing. Is there a way to automate the compact and repair function of the FE through VBA by clicking a button on the startup form.

Can anyone please help?

How are ya sgupta76 . . . . .

[purple]You can't Compact & Repair while any VBA is running.[/purple] So no can do! You can set each front-end to compact on close:

In the database window click [blue]Tools[/blue] - [blue]Options[/blue] - [blue]General Tab[/blue]. At bottom-left, put a [blue]checkmark[/blue] in [purple]Compact on Close[/purple].

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Thanks AceMan. That's exactly what I was looking for!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back