Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The Exchange server address list service failed to respond. This could be because of an address list

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjtucker1976

Technical User
Sep 7, 2006
US
Running Exchange 2007 on Windows 2003 server.
Cannot make any changes to users- or add new mailboxes. Can create users in AD but not mailboxes. Restarted Server and restart System Attendant several times. Everything else is working fine for all users. Moved from VMware to HyperV and this is my only issue.

Error: The Exchange server address list service failed to respond. This could be because of an address list or email address policy configuration error

Verify your configuration domain controller is set on the Exchange box.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

No trees were harmed in posting this message, however a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER.

I did and ran Get-ExchangeServer -Identity "mailserver" -status | fl
and listed our 2 domain controllers and Global Catalog server.

Still same issue

Try running the best practices analyzer and see what it reports as errors.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

No trees were harmed in posting this message, however a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back