Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

the drive is not ready or inoperable(277)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiger100

Technical User
Aug 29, 2003
NO
Hi

I receive the error message "the drive is not ready or inoperable(277)" when I try to run "up drive" on my master backup server, 2 out of 3 servers fails to connect to the tape station with the status TLD. I am running Netbackup ver 4.5GA fiber optic with a msl-5026 compaq tape library. What can i do to fix my problem?

Sorry to be harsh but call the engineer is my best call. Okay you have not supplied much to go on like history, ie did it ever work and what happened when it failed. Also what do the logs say? With fiber drives which only one server can 'see' I would guess at sharing violations without more info. I would say that the sharing part of your setup has taken a holiday so I would look there first.

We get this often on LTO drives in our storagetek library; we use the good old reboot fix (library) and it usually fixes it; probably cycling the power on the individual drive would do it...

I agree a reboot is often the best way.

Mike

"A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble, then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant.

I have the same troubles !
it look to be a error disk pagination code 51 error(in event) !
after a checkdisk all is fine now!
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back