Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

the display of forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

timjwild

Programmer
Oct 13, 2000
GB
I have a countdown javascript function which writes to fields in a form (document.form.field.value=??) but I'd rather not have to display the info in textboxes or at least make the textboxes look less like text boxes. is there any way to do either of these? ie not a textbox or no borders on the textbox ?

Thanks

Tim

in ie4+ (and ns6+) :
<div (or span or whatever) name=anything> some text </div>

document.all.anything.innerHTML=&quot;new text&quot;
will replace &quot;some text&quot; with &quot;new text&quot;

document.all.anything.outerHTML=&quot;new text&quot;
will replace &quot;<div name=anything> some text </div>&quot; with &quot;new text&quot;

in ns6-, try to absolutely position elements and replace them ... or hide and show ....

Tim,
Add a class to your style sheet that looks like this:
Code:
.myInput
{
   border-color : White;
   border-style : none;
   background-color: transparent;
}

Then call it like so:
Code:
<INPUT TYPE=&quot;text&quot; CLASS=&quot;myInput&quot;>

If you don't have a style sheet, just do this:
[bode]<INPUT TYPE=&quot;text&quot; STYLE=&quot;border-style: none; border-color: white; background-color: transparent;&quot;>[/code]

You can probably leave the border-color thing out of there, that's just how I used it on my page. You're more concerned about border-style. This should do the trick though. Kevin
slanek@ssd.fsi.com

&quot;bode&quot;???? What was I doing there? Oh well, can't take it back now. You know what I meant though right? I hate when I do that! Kevin
slanek@ssd.fsi.com

kevin & timjwild -

you can compress your css statment a little, not that it would really do anything, but it might look a little nicer.

<style>

.disguisedInput {border:solid 0px #FFFFFF; background-color:transparent;}

</style>

theEclipse
eclipse_web@hotmail.com
**\\||It was recently discovered that research causes cancer in rats||//**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back