Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The database has been updated to work with a more current version of A

Status
Not open for further replies.

pudn

Technical User
Oct 28, 2003
GB
A company I support have an Act! Premium 2008 database running on SBS 2003, which is accessed from a couple of desktops in the Office and a number of laptops remotely via VPN. The remote 'people' run a remote database and synchronise. The local people access the database through the network.

The two office machines (running XP Pro) are being replaced by Vista Business machines. And I have a problem ....

Having installed the application and trying to open the database directly via the network from the new machines I get the following error:

"This database has been updated to work witha more current version of ACT! You must update your copy of ACT! in order to log-in to this database. Do yopu want to check for updates now?"

However I get a message in the bottom right of the screen in a yellow box - "You already have the latest version of ACT!"

When I previously came across this error with an office based laptop we changed the database to a remote one. It seems wrong to do this for office based PC's.

Has someone got the answer to this please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back