Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The Connection is dead?vb.net2003 vs sql2005express

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicholasting

Programmer
Jul 28, 2006
MY
i was assigned to modified existing vb.net programm. but i face a problems~ where is:-

vb.net 2003 with SQL2005 Express
when application started with good network connection, then i removed the network cable, the system throw error message "The connection is dead".
however, if the application started with not good network connection, everything will go smooth.

i wondering how come got such error happened? this program is not written by me. i just modified add 1 module.

thanks very first!

Let me start by asking, based on the info you provided, how are we supposed to know?

You would need to post a lot more useful information before anyone here could remotely be able to assist you in this matter.

It also sounds like networking issues are involved, and that's quite possibly beyond our ability to assist with VB.Net code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back