Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

the best tutorial out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

themeaty

Technical User
Apr 29, 2005
US
I'm new to ASP.NET but I can't find tutorials that are 'complete'. I've read dozens of articles but always seem to be missing pertinent information because most of what I try programming results in errors (mostly declaration errors or namespace errors, i think). Any suggestions on a COMPLETE tutorial/beginner's guide would be awesome. THANKS!

themeaty, If you are just starting asp.net I suggest examining the Quickstart tutorials
ASP.NET Quickstart
You can always read a book, I heard alot of good reviews about wrox press Professional Asp.Net 1.1

if you have any problems with a specific subject in asp.net I am sure the guys here at tek-tips will do their best to explain things for you

Good luck

What would you attempt to accomplish if you knew you would not fail?

Try - They have some excellent resources

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need help finding an answer?

Try the search facility ( or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

I like Professional Asp.Net 1.1 but I think that
ASP.Net Step by Step is much easier for beginners.

Just remember there is some amount of overhead before you can write programs in asp.net namely OOP and the CLR,

Cool, I will check these links out. Thanks all! I also ordered a book called ASP.NET Unleashed, is that a good resource?

Just because a good demo (visual and audio) is worth 10000 words.

Check out.
ASP Webcasts

I try to go there once a month (but it seems to be awhile since my last trip) and see what I can pickup, but there are a wealth of vids for every level of asp developer on just about any topic.

HTH

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back