Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The Best Technically advanced modem around

Status
Not open for further replies.

walterp007

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2005
AU
Hi Guys/Gals,
I need your opinion as to the most Technically capable Voice/Fax Modem around that preferably comes with professional grade software that automatically answers phone calls and faxes,If it Discriminates, That would be wonderful)(it will never see an ISP), I'll consider any connection bar Serial as I only have 6 USB's and a few PCI's,oh and Firewire(is it possible?).It must also work. I am just so over having to run to the phone to answer unsolicited phone calls that I'd already answered
a number of times before. The best answer gets my modems- 3 or 4 (at the last count) external 56K Netcomms and internal Voice /Fax/Data PCI Netcomm (technical support- what Technical support? and a Standard Compaq Fax Data Modem PCI. The computer is an Athlon XP 3000+ COMPAQ with ADSL (1.5MB)running XP SP2 Home.
Any suggestion will be highly regarded
Highest Regards,
Walter

walterp007,

"I am just so over having to run to the phone to answer unsolicited phone calls that I'd already answered
a number of times before."

What about getting a phone that has voice mail and having your phone company block your line from tele-marketers and enable caller id?

I dont know the exact model but the top of the line US Robotics modems are likely about the best around.

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back