Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The Best And Simplest Way To Keep Track Of The Current User

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricardo1023

Programmer
Mar 23, 2008
US
I created a log in form. Once the user is identified correctly I hide the form and all the other forms that open at that point make reference to the user id on the login hidden form to display the user name. Is there a better way to do this? I am affraid at some point this approach may fail specially if we upload the app to the web using Sharepoint.

Thank you

Are you users opening up the form on their own computer. Meaning if you are using this at work are all the users logged in with their network id. If so, you could use the network id to identify them and track them that way. Look up fosusername in a google search and you should find it. I'd share it but right now if I open up Microsoft Access on my computer it will cause a blue screen of death. I can also hear my harddrive clicking, so I think it's related. Anyway, I'm going to install the new HD I just went out and bought tomorrow morning and after I reload everything to include Office, I'll check back and if you need the code I'll share it with you then. Goodluck.

AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back