Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The attempt at opening of session failed .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrisFr

MIS
Aug 8, 2003
FR
Hello,
I installed one 2nd server as a controller for the same field, but I have a large concern: now, the replication with other servers is not done any more, and impossible to go on consoles MMC such as users and computer Active Directory or Fields approvals, I have a panel which is posted: "information of name cannot be found bus: the attempt at opening of session failed "And that on the 2 servers, result: my users cannot log any more, impossible to make a dcpromo on my 2nd server.
I can more nothing make even when there is that one of my 2 servers of launching.
So, can you help me please ???

Thanks
Cris

Do a DCDIAG /S:<servername> on both server. If you don't have the program then you can get it from the ressource kit or from this link:

Post your results, it may help us alot.

Also, check your DNS. Make sure your failing DC is pointing to the right DC.

&quot;In space, nobody can hear you click...&quot;

hi,
I launched DcDiag and :
&quot;
[srv_bsm] LDAP bind failed with error 1323,
Impossible to update the password. The value provided as a current password is incorrect

***Error: The machine could not attach to the DC because the credentials
were incorrect. Check your credentials or specify credentials with
/u:<domain>\<user> & /p:[<password>|*|&quot;&quot;]&quot;

Can you help me ?

Thanks.
Cris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back