Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The application has failed to start because netui0.dll was not found. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

raphael75

Programmer
Nov 15, 2012
US
We have about 24 locations, each with 2 computers, computer A and computer B. I have a script on computer A that runs psexec to execute a script on computer B. It works perfectly on every computer except 1, where we get this error:

The application has failed to start because netui0.dll was not found.

I did some research but I couldn't find any legitimate references to the netui0.dll file. How can I tell what program is looking for it?

Is it missing on computer A or B?

How can I fix it?

I hope this is the right forum to post this.

Thanks!!

Well, I would start by searching a pair of working computers (A & B) and seeing if you can find that DLLon the machines. Then check the non-working pair and if missing copy it from one to the missing one. It may not have anything to do with the problem, but that's the easy way to find out.

I would do a search from a CMD prompt:
cd\ (enter)
dir c:\netui0.dll /s (enter)

read this too:

That did it! Turns out netui0.dll is supposed to be in \windows\system32. Thank you!

Well, it's nice when the simple fix works once in a while. It could have been caused by another missing file which needed to load before that one, but it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back