Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The a.out doesn't work! Also, if you need conio.h, use unxconio.h

Status
Not open for further replies.

CmndrTalonn

Programmer
Jul 7, 2000
US
geocities.com
I finally got a program to compile, long and tedious process as it was.&nbsp;&nbsp;It was my first attempt at classes, and it took a while to get it to work, but I had to mess with my Makefile too much, and I needed conio.h (used a file called unxconio.h, which works).&nbsp;&nbsp;I finally got it to compile with g++, but for some reason there is a 'fatal error' when I try to type ./a.out to run it.&nbsp;&nbsp;Anyone got any ideas? <p>Heather "Commander Talonn" Jon<br><a href=mailto:commtalonn@yahoo.com>commtalonn@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= & Starfire Scifi/Fantasy/Anime</a><br>Sweet art, sweet writing, sweet site... brought to you by a sweet host. View Heather's intense scifi writing at

when you try to type &quot;./a.out&quot;? this would mean the program<br>crashes before you even started it! is that the case???<br>otherwise i recommend to insert cout statements first to<br>find out the exact position (instruction) in your code that<br>causes the fatal error. then post this information please.<br>it's impossible to say what went wrong without any piece<br>of source code.<br><br>

you can type

locate conio.h

it should be on your system. Look in

/usr/include/ as well, to see if it's there.

Otherwise, searching on will be a good bet, also look on yahoo! and altavista.

Mike B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back