Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thar she Blows : power on no activiyt whatsoever

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdubya

Technical User
Jun 26, 2005
US
K here we go..left Comp on runnin and when i woke up screen was black ..power light on speakers and comp are all green. try movin the mouse to get the screen to pop up..no power to my mouse or keyboard ( wireless..already try' reconnecting them and new battery's ). so i turn off the comp holding down the power button. turn it back on and get green light on power but no activity whatsoever..no beeps, hums, clicks , fans ,whines..nothing. i'mnot to hardware literate. i mean i can reformat an replace stuf but don't know exactly what a ZIF is. common sense is tellin me i'm screw'd. any1 got any idea's? willing to hook up a can of spam to this thing w/ a fishing lure if it'll get it runnin again. pre-thanks for any help

Check out faq 602 2731. If may not solve the problem but you will have some useful answers.

Right off the bat it sounds like a faulty power supply.
You wouldnt happen to have another power supply around to test that theory?

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back