Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thanx Roy Help!! don´t want to show records if they are included . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

christerhaard

Programmer
Oct 5, 2002
SE
Hi Guys,

Happy new year to all of you!

RoyVidar helped me on part of my problem with this before and I solved the initial problem but here is the next one.
Hey Roy you did help me!! What you said about indexes made me check it out closer and I ended solving the problem with primary and secondary indexes!

Now next problem. . .

In short:
I dont want to show records if they are included i another table. and based on a value in a form.field

In long version:
I have three tables conected to one table and now I´m making a form where I can work with the data. One of the fields is a combobox and when I open it I would like to control what data is shown based on what is stored in a table. But the thingie is that it is supposed to show XXX data based on what I entered in a previous field too.

Field 1 = 1
Field 2 = 2
Field 3 = ? Based on what I entered in field 2 (not saved) and if not present in table "a" you may show the following records

So if table "a" contains a number of values like:

Field 1 Field 2
1 1
2 1
3 1

So if I enter a "2" in form "a" field 2 above I would like field 3 to display all values exept 1 because it was already taken in Table "a"

Hmm this will be hard.

Would appreciate all help a lot. . .

/ Chis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back