Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

thanks deZiner - one more thing:) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadman

Programmer
Jun 11, 2001
US
thank you thank you!! I made the change and now there is no more "zero length string error"......Um, could you tell me why, instead of putting the form info into the database (ccdb.mdb) - another file was created in the database folder on the site called ccdb.ldb? I cant even open that extension! Testing it on my local machine the same thing happened but the .ldb file dissappeared after i closed access??

Hey leadman,

The .ldb file is a locking file which Access (and possibly the Access ODBC driver) uses to coordinate changes in the database. This prevents two people from changing the same data at the same time and causing problems. Whenever you open an Access database, this file is created and will be deleted as soon as you close out the database.

I have routinely deleted these files when the database was not in use as it's possible for them to get orphaned. I definitely wouldn't try to open or modify them while the database is in use as corruption could occur.

Hope this helps,
GJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back