Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TFTP server IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcodog

Technical User
Jan 1, 2007
CA
I have a bunch of 1140 sets that I am trying to upgrade the firmware to the latest. On the sets with older firmware, there is a field actually labelled tftp where you just enter your tftp ip address and evrything works fine.

On more recent versions of the firmware, there is no field called tftp but there is on labelled provisioning but I can't figure out how to enter a . in the ip address. I am trying to enter 192.168.1.200 but the format for entering is not the other fields where the . is already there. If I try to use the * or # key I get 192*168*001*200 which does not work.

Anyone know how to enter the IP with the periods in this field? In these firmwares, there is no field labelled TFTP.

Thanks.

Yes, Its the provisioning field where you enter in the TFTP address. I recall that you can try something like 192 168 001 200 to get the curser to move across the IP address field.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

To enter the period, you should either press the 1 key repeatedly or double-press the asterisk (*) key.

Thanks Gentlemen. I've spent hours on the internet trying to find out that little piece of information before coming here.

I will surely give it a try today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back