Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tftp server for CIPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kattoussa

Technical User
Apr 19, 2013
TN
hello,
i want to configure a CIPC phone i put in the tftp server the ip address 10.1.1.1 which is the tftp server of the other ip phones but the CIPC phone shows registering for all the time and cannot connetc to the CCA to make the extension. should i installing other tftp server on the pc or what is the problem? thanks

Can you ping 10.1.1.1 from the PC or Laptop where you are wanting to install CIPC? If not, fix that issue first then the other issue should solve itself.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

i just added a static route 10.1.1.0 AND 10.1.10.0 to the pc. and i can ping 10.1.1.1 from pc temporarily but the CIPC is still registering.

First copy an existing CIPC set in the Call Manager that works> Put in the name and leave the MAC/Device Name empty and do not hit save.
Second, minimize that screen and install the CIPC software on that PC (We have a 4 node system 1pub 3 sub) we run the TFTP on Publishe and 1 subsciber. So I use these IP addreses for my TFTP.
Thirdly once you install the CIPC software open it up and click on the first symbol in the right hand corner and select preferences the network. You should copy the device name and place it on the newly created profile you did not save earlier in the Call Manager and also ensure that your server that's running the TFTP service is in the Use these TFT servers field.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back