Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tftp config fetch problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

stubbe

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2006
BE
When I use tftp for a software put/get everything works fine.
When I try to fetch the config using tftp, I receive the following message, I checked already all the proposed actions but found notting.

<cwcli> ERROR - CM0151 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch failed for hspoper01 Cause: PRIMARY-RUNNING config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed for hspoper01 Cause: VLAN-RUNNING config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.

Hi,

I know that for the VLAN DB file, it can only be pulled off by CiscoWorks using Telnet.

If you put in the the correct Telnet credentials for the device that you are managing, it will pull of te VLAN DB file OK. The startup & running config should be pulled off OK using TFTP.

HTH

Nigel Bowden

Nigel,

Thanx a lot for your answer, finally someone who can give me a decent answer concerning this odd problem. Why is the vlan.dat info not copied with tftp but with Telnet ? It seems very weird to me.

Many thanks,
Lieven
Belgian Railways

Lieven,

You know, I've never been able to find out the reason for this.....

I'm guessing its something to do with IOS implementation only allowing a TFTP upload of the running and startup config, but I've never found a definitive answer.

...very frustrating !!!

The only other thing I can think of is that it is something to do with the fact that vlan.dat is a binary file (rather than text) ???

Anyone else out there know ?

Nigel Bowden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back