Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TFT5600 RKM KVM display is RED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

burtsbees

Programmer
Jan 29, 2007
US
This display is red in the backround, which makes everything hardly viewable. I touched up all connector solder joints and removed any light corrosion on the board. All connections are tight. I used to be able to tap on the top of the back cover, and it would fix it, until I close and reopen it again. Now it's red all the time...anyone else have this problem? These stupid things are NOT cheap!

Burt

Have you had a look on Ebay? I checked the UK Ebay and there was one for £149.00 + VAT + Delivery.

Apart from that, are you sure the cable fault is at the monitor end and not the connector end?

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"

Well, I work for a company that does not usually get stuff from Ebay, as this monitor not only will serve as our on-site KVM monitor at this location, but as a spare in case a customer has one that goes bad. I have not yet checked the cable, because this is the third one that we have had at this site that has done this, and each one has had its own cable. The KVM switch has also been recently changed out. We have a customer that has had two of these stupid things have similar display symptoms...I will check the cable too, though, when we get a new one in. I was mainly asking because the track record indicates that we will have this problem in the future. Like I said, I used to be able to tap on the cover to make it act right...maybe I'm not hitting it hard enough...but thanks for the reply.

Burt

Don't you have any hardware maintenance/warranty on them or has it expired?

"Insert funny comment in here!"

No warranty. But I fixed it---turned out to be the brass contacts on the connector connected directly to the back of the screen. I had to peel away the interference protective foil and cleaned the contacts with WD-40 and a toothbrush. Works like a champ now. Thanks.

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back