Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TFT Power Board Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFI

Programmer
Jun 7, 2000
GB
Hello,

I originally posted this in the "video issues" forum, but it looks like nobody ever goes there :(

I've been given a Viewsonic VA2010wb that is apparently dead. Although I get a dim orange light at the power LED, I get no video output at all (no backlight and no OSD, either) and there was a nasty high-pitched whistle which sounded like a capacitor going through its death-throes.

Does anybody know what tends to fail on these TFT power boards? I'm pretty certain that's what's failed, but I can only seem to get a replacement board from the US for $60 plus. I've read on the web that some of these replacement boards have upgraded capacitors, so I replaced three 10V capacitors that seemed to have overheated and domed their end-caps with 25V ones, but I get the same fault, although the whistle has stopped...

The board part number is FSP043-2PI01F - unfortuntely there's nothing else obviously blown on it, so I'm a bit in the dark trying to figure out if it's even this part at fault...

Any help would be much appreciated,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back