Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TFC001 QoS packet loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

thattekguy

Vendor
Feb 2, 2007
US
I have 104 total, I2004 sets on my Lead Sig Serv at my main site with one MC32 card using G.729.I have the three sites connected to each other with a 3meg full duplex mpls network going to each of the three sites.I started getting TFC001 packet loss errors...,some were at 48% today after we added 45 new IP sets at one of the remote locations.Each location is using Nortel Baystack470 POE.I loaded new patches on the VGMC and new firmware, but I did not push out the firmware yet to sets.I think I need to add another VGMC to the Main PBX.
All the QoS errors are pointing to the VGMC card as either the source or the dest IP.Any thoughts?

Did you run the QoS wizard on the BayStacks at all sites?

The TFC will point to the MC32 if the issue is during a conversion from IP to TDM.

I would start at each of the BayStacks and verify that the QoS is correct. ALso ensure that the QoS is populating across your MPLS network. If the carrier is not tagging for QoS it will be lost.

I will check with the carrier on the Qos.Why would I start having problems after adding 45 new sets,do you think i would have had earlier problems with the first site we had set up if it was a issue at the Main Site.

Carrier could have made a change in their network.

Mirror your uplink to carrier port at your remote site and sniff packets to verify that you are tagging for QoS out of your remote.

Then, mirror your uplink to carrier port at the central and sniff packets to see if the QoS tagging is still intact.

If the packets are not tagged when they arrive at the main site, provide those packets to the carrier when they tell you that nothing is wrong in their network (a beer says they will tell you that...)

I have the carrier checking the network today, I did not go as far as using a sniffer yet,one thing I did try today was pinging my internal Tlan and recieved no loss of packets but when I ping over the MPLS network to my remote Tlan is where I lose packets, I think that proves my VGMC card and Baystack are good at the main site,..right.Should they have QoS turned on the network, the MPLS is dedicated for VOIP Only, between all three sites.

The carrier was able to see a bunch of CRC errors coming from the new location the customer just added..I must have asked 10 times if the new site was set for 10 half on the WAN, I was told yes 10 times, shore enough it was set to full duplex, changed it to half and the CRC's stopped. I will be able to tell tommorow if it helped when they start using the phones.

Just an update, I needed a new router from the carrier, ont that can do 100 full, Nortel either works with 10 half or 100 full..not 10full.QoS is very good now.

Wish I could get one to you, I dont think we have the technolgy ,...yet. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back