Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Textures of Imported Objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

nking245

Technical User
May 2, 2004
US
I am currently attempting to import a Poser object I made into Bryce. When I import the file the figure imports but all of the textures are missing. I am not sure if this is a Bryce problem with it not reading in the textures or a Poser problem for not exporting the object with its textures. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you import as an obj there is an associated .mtl file which imports your textures as well but catch is that the texture files referenced in the mtl file must be in the same directory as the obj file, so you have to copy (not move) the texture files there.

alternatives:

1) grouper a google should turn ythis free utility up.

2) As you might know DAZ just bought Bryce. They are selling a plugin for $20.00 ($1.99 platinum club) that works with DAZ Studio to import .obj to Bryce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back