Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Textboxes - Similar event to TextChanged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draug

Programmer
Apr 18, 2001
CA
Greetings,

Is there an even similar to TextChanged that I can use that will fire when a textbox value has been updated?

Let me explain the situation, and why I dont think TextChanged is adequate.

I have numerous pairs of textboxes. One box for a metric value, and one for the corresponding imperial value. The user wants to be able to enter a number in either the metric or imperial one, and have the corresponding box update.

I have tried using TextChanged event. However, this event seems to fire as each digit of the number is changed, not the number as a whole. Any other events I can use that might work?

Additionally, both the metric and imperial boxes need the code in the event, so that the user can choose which one they are going to edit. So, I dont want the event to fire when I update the value in the box the user didnt enter it in. Any other way to do this besides some sort of global variable telling my code wether the change is coming from the user, or from my code?

Any ideas? Are there any other events I could use? Any other way to prevent the event from firing when I change the value in code?

Thanks in advance,
Draug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back