Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Textboxcontrol and math.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebadiah

Technical User
Apr 29, 2001
US
On my spreadsheet, I have 2 cells for data entry, that I have linked to textbox controls on my Userform. There are 8 other cells that use those 2 cells for calculations, based on formulas entered in those 8 other cells. On the Userform, I have eight textboxs to display the values in those 8 cells.

What I want to be able to do is have the userform visible, have the user change the data in the two user cells, and then have the other 8 textboxs update with the new numbers that would be in those 8 cells.

Problem is that if I change the number that is in either of the two data entry cells, EXcel/VBA is overwriting my formulas in those 8 cells with the new value from the calculation. So its a 1 use program, because after you change the first input cell, the formulas are replaced with constant values. Not what I was shooting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back