Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Textbox fails to recalculate until mouse-over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterPO

Programmer
Oct 10, 2002
US
A2000
I have a column of textboxes on a form,. The bottom textbox displays a total of the values in the textboxes above (Control source = Val(txt1) + Val(txt2), etc)

It worked properly for months, but has now started some bizarre behavior. The calculated total textbox is blank. It does not recalc and display the total unless you pass the mouse over that textbox. There are several 'calculated' textboxes on the form and all are exhibiting the same new (and bizarre) behavior.

I have tried to use 'repaint' and 'requery (for the calculated textbox only), but it refuses to display the calculated value until I pass the mouse over it!

Any suggestions?

sounds corrupt. Have you tried compact and repair? dont forget to backup first.

Ian Mayor (UK)
Program Error
There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
But only one way to get it RIGHT!

Yes, compact-and-repair was my firast thought too, but it has no effect.

I experienced something like that on a form where I had applied conditional formatting. I removed the conditional formatting and the problem went away.

HTH

John

When Galileo theorized that Aristotle's view of the Universe contained errors, he was labeled a fool.
It wasn't until he proved it that he was called dangerous.
[wink]

Always a good idea to goto the code of any form and "COMPILE" first. Actually, I never compact a database that isn't compiled as you can create new problems. I've had oddities clear up after compiling....Also, you can always delete and recreate a funky text box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back