Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

textarea troubles 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhioSteve

MIS
Mar 12, 2002
US
I need to display several sentences of text, allow the user to change it, and save the new value. My only tools are html and classic asp. How do I do one of these two things:

enable word wrap on an html text input
OR
put a value from a db into an html textarea

To put a DB value into a textarea would be like this:
Code:
<textarea name="GenNotes" cols=85 rows=4><%=rs("GenNotes")%></textarea>
There is also a property for the textarea called "wrap" and you would put a value with it (see this link). For example, using the above version, you could do like this:
Code:
<textarea name="GenNotes" wrap="virtual" cols=85 rows=4><%=rs("GenNotes")%></textarea>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."
- Winston Churchill

You gave me great advice. I had expected textareas to have a value attribute. But instead, you just output the value before </textarea>. I also found that you can do a request.form on textareas if you name them.

Thanks! You get a star for your efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back